Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby, It's COLD Outside!

The high here today is supposed to be 0 degrees. Yes, you read that right - ZERO! The horse, donkeys, and sheep don't seem to mind it too much. However, the dogs run out, do their "business" as quickly as possible, then run back to the house. I'm with the dogs...I don't dawdle when it comes to feeding the outside critters. I sort out their food, dump it in, give a quick pat or two, and then high-tail it back inside.

I'm really worried that I might run out of hay before spring, as we've had to increase the rations in order to keep the animals warm. For those of you who don't know how it works: hay=heat. Not grain. Beet pulp helps - so I've added it to their diet. They only eat it if it's mixed with grain, though. At least my animals won't. Guess they are just spoiled!

Stay warm everyone!!

1 comment:

Aim said...

I hope that you have enough hay. This is sure one long bitter winter (we're playing catch-up for the last 12 years of easy winters!)

Hey, my "furry kids" are doing the same thing--they are back at the door waiting to come in IMMEDIATELY after they do their business. Dogs are smart ;-D