Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lamb #3 - Nera

Nera's name means "burning light." If you recall from a previous post, we decided (upon our daughter's suggestion) to research what each of the dam's name meant and give their lambs a different form of that name. Therefore, since Lucy means "light" we needed two names with the same meaning. When Nera was born with such a bright yellow/orange film on her coat (due to amniotic fluid) I knew what her name would be right away!

This little girl is such a sweetheart...and has been from the beginning. She is very laid back and gentle. I have already given each lamb a "pedicure" (trimmed their hooves) and when I did Nera she totally relaxed in my arms - whereas the others struggled. I would have to say that she is tied with her sister as my second favorite, but that is only fair since they are twins. Right?!?

Nera at birth - April 22, 2009

April 30, 2009 - 8 days old

June 29, 2009
(not the most flattering angle, but it's all I have)

July 2009
(I just love her squinchy little face!)

No comments: