Monday, September 29, 2008

Punch and Judy Scarf

Thanks to the beautiful patterns of Ysolda and Anne Hanson - I am now a full-fledged lover of lace knitting. This is really saying something, because just a little over a month ago I swore that I would never try lace because it looked too difficult. Well, some patterns are difficult - but some really are very simple. Also, just like crossword puzzles, I've found that lace patterns are very good for the brain!

That's not to say that it has been easy for me. As I'm learning I've made plenty of mistakes (see previous blog on Rose Red hat) - and I've had to do lots of frogging (ripping out) and starting over again. Knitting lace has certainly been a good way to learn patience!!

P.S. This scarf is one of Anne Hanson's many beautiful designs.

No comments: