Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tiny Egg

About a month ago I did my usual morning egg collection...and had quite a surprise! Sitting in the nest box with the other eggs (all of my girls use the same nest box - never mind the fact that they have 5 to choose from) was this teeny tiny egg! I'd never seen such a thing, although I am sure people who have been farming long enough have seen just about everything imaginable. Here are some photos of the tiny egg:

A comparison shot
See the teeny tiny yolk in the
bottom right corner of the measuring cup?

Two normal sized yolks on the left -
the teeny tiny egg yolk is on the right

We haven't had any more of these miniature wonders. However, I would like to know which chicken keeps pooping in the nest - right in the middle of the eggs.....!

No comments: