Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blizzard

Well, this post is quite delayed. The blizzard was almost three weeks ago now. I haven't done a blog post in a while because I've spent most of my time knitting. When it is cold, all I want to do is snuggle up on the couch with my dogs and knit. The fact that I have been sick off and on during these past few weeks hasn't helped either. No one wants to stare at a computer screen when they feel nauseous or have a headache - right?

Anyway...below are some photos that I took the morning after the blizzard. It was quite a snowstorm. In some places the drifts were as much as four feet. The farm agent (my husband) wasn't able to get the snow blower through the snow to the animal pens, so feeding time was quite interesting the following morning. I had to slog my way through snow up to my waist...the whole time grumbling under my breath "what good are machines if they can't make it through more than a foot of snow?" I was also thinking that perhaps we should order some snowshoes.

After feeding the animals I got out the shovel and made paths to each of the pens. I say pens (plural) because the big girls and ram are in one pen and the lambs (Kip, Keilah and Kirby) are in another. The babies are on one side of the house and the adults are on the other. Needless to say, I got quite a workout that morning!
Maggie doing some "four-wheeling"

Nera is checking to see if there is hay in the feeder

2 comments:

Joli said...

cute

Artful Gathering said...

Your sheep are adorable. I had the same problem here but my grandkids helped me shovel out. Lets be glad that we don't live out east right now. Take care, dawn